Monday, December 21, 2009

A Child Called "Fit"

Dear Fat,

Rare is the occasion for me to boast of any fitness; but this week I did it. I went two consecutive weeks without gaining weight. In fact, I managed to LOSE 1 pound. I was sure that the hectic schedule with little sleep, late dinners, and more takeout than one person should consume in a year--let alone a week--would have done me in. But no, fitness shall prevail!

I managed to get my lazy butt out of bed in the morning and exercise last Monday. I think that helped set the tone for the week. Admittedly, that was really the most I had done, but it at least proved to me that I could do it. This week: 2 mornings out of bed and in my exercise clothes. Also, 3 visits to the gym. Fortunately, I went last night, so one trip down; two to go. I can so do this.

Having spent most of my life as a child called fat, I am now taking the initiative to call myself fit. I'm learning to define myself. I am not a product of my environment. I am a person, created by God in His image, and what a beautiful image that is. So help me, Fat, I will not let you weigh me down anymore.

Alabanza,

Fatticus

No comments:

Post a Comment