Thursday, January 21, 2010

Their Eyes Were Watching Fat

Dear Fat,

I've decided to postpone my running to the weekend because of the inclement weather we have been experiencing here in Southern California.  I know, I know, I'm supposed to space it out evenly, but I think I'll survive.  I just don't want to run on a treadmill.

It's strange, but I think I actually enjoy having these storms.  Of course, I had to get used to driving in torrential rain that comes at me horizontally, and I still have a slight fear of trees falling on me.  But . . . it's nice.  I could do with a little less wind, but I find the sound of really loud rain beating against the windows to be rather soothing.  And, fortunately, my Minnesotan childhood removed any fear of tornadoes.  It's kind of like what Californians feel about earthquakes.

Anyway, new food-related resolution (because I haven't been incorporating more leaves into my diet as effectively as I should be): for 5 days out of the week, at least 1 meal must incorporate a significant amount of salad . . . with minimal dressing.

There's a strange smell wafting from the lab next to me.  I don't know if I should be concerned.

Still fat (but dry),

I.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment