Friday, February 05, 2010

Rain Fat

Dear Fat,

I did it! Week 5 of The Couch to 5K training program is complete! I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. Actually, it was 21 minutes because I forgot to update my Week 5 playlist... anyhoo... I did it. Hooray! At the beginning of this week, looking towards Friday I felt like this:



The terror was unimaginable. But now that I've done it, I feel more like this:


those clouds look alarmingly similar to my hair...

But actually... it was raining. So I really looked like this :



I don't know how, but I managed to power through it. The rain, the run, the tears... I emerged victorious! I can't quite be sure they were tears though. The rain may have just collected on my generous cheeks and ran down my face as I ran. It was very dramatic.

Speaking of tears, last night I was going through a box of things I have yet to unpack from college. I found some math homework. Seeing it now, those numbers mean nothing to me; I'm not sure they ever did. Double pitchforked bifurcation? I know it's some kind of graph... also called a saddle problem... hyperbolas? yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... that's about all I've got. I used to derive my self-worth from my grades and my intelligence--especially when it came to math. Even then I knew it wasn't enough; looking back on it now, it seems so silly to have defined myself by such limited bounds. I'm giving myself a greater range and including all values: real and imaginary.

Integrating vegetables and factoring out the rest,

Fatticus

1 comment: