Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Fatcracker

Dear Fat,

Merry Christmas!  After some minor fluctuations, I have finally been able to maintain my 10-pound weight loss for two consecutive weeks, so I am now allowed to purchase a cast iron skillet.  Do you like how my poundage prizes are generally food-related?  My curiosity was piqued enough to look for a vintage Griswold skillet on eBay, so we shall see how that goes.  If I could now just find that Rhythm rock-n'- roll chicken clock, life would be complete . . .

Christmas this year comes down to caroling at an old folks' home, Chinese grocery shopping with my dad, and dinner at a restaurant in Irvine with the cousins.  All good times, but I vaguely remember, from some distant past, putting Christmas presents under a tree in a warm living room with a fire burning in a fireplace that had stockings hanging from the mantel as snow fell gently outside the window.  Vaguely.  Perhaps my real childhood memories are blending into those I recall from television shows.

Food coma.  Naptime.

Sleepy,

I.M.



P.S. WHY IS THERE NO WHITE RABBIT CANDY ANYWHERE?!?!?  San Gabriel Superstore, this is the first time you've failed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment