Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Afattening

Dear Fat,

Well, I've done it.  I accomplished my week 1 goal on medifast: don't give up on medifast.  I can't believe it's only been one week.  Is time moving slower, or am I moving faster?

I should be a bit speedier now that I've dropped 7.6 pounds!  Previously, when I'd lose weight, I'd dread the coming week for fear it would creep back--with friends.  But now, on this program, I don't worry about that anymore.  For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm free.

I've been stuck in a dead-end job that I've hated for several months now, but no more!  I'll be starting a new job, in a new company, in a new city next week.  My cupcake business cards are almost complete.  I'm finally starting to lose weight, and this time it's forever.

No lies, I still get hungry and crave certain delicious food.  But I'm no longer oppressed by those cravings.  (Sort of... I totally did not eat enough cheese, pasta, corn, and everything else before starting this diet)  When I see delicious things, instead of thinking "I want to eat that right now!", I instead say "One day.  One day we'll meet again.  One day when I'm skinny we can be together in the right way."  And then I say, "Why am I so crazy and talking to food like it's my estranged lover?"  To which I respond, "Oh, that's right.  It totally is."

Yaaaaaaaaaaah... working on that,
 Fatticus

1 comment:

  1. yay! congrats on your progress :-) AND yay for your new job! no more terror! woo ;-P

    ReplyDelete