Sunday, August 07, 2011

12 Angry Fats

Dear Fat,

It happened again.  I stopped jogging for . . . 2 weeks?  3 weeks?  It was so long that I lost track.  Anyway, I'm starting to compensate this weekend: I ran both yesterday and today.  I can feel my leg muscles again.  I also took off my shirt at one point to try and get some color on my jiggly white belly.  I was on the beach, so that makes it alright.  And now that I'm older, I just don't care about discretion anymore.

Okay, that's a lie.

Anyway, I am more or less moved into my new apartment.  It's nice to have street noise again (although I'm not sure that my roommate would agree).  We still need things like a dining table, and I still need some more efficient way of lighting my room, but overall, I'd say that things are fine.  I like having big windows .  And I like not having the threat of frog invasions.  Hopefully, there is also a lesser threat of psychotic pigeons.

Jury duty on Wednesday.  Part of me wants to get placed onto a jury just so I don't have to go to lab, but the more rational part of me realizes that there are probably better ways of taking time off from lab.  This is also the first time that I'm not "moving" to an out-of-county address to avoid jury duty.  I . . . hrmm . . . mixed feelings.

I really do need something to do outside of lab that isn't lab-related.  I think I stay saner when I have more things to distract me.  I'll try to figure it out this week.

Not diverted enough,

I.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment